Saturday, November 01, 2008

Daytime/Nightime...

It looks like I will be organizing another book proposal. My hip-hop book proposal didn't sell, mainly because hip-hop books aren't really moving that many units, and there was a competing book that came out that touched on my topic. Not good. So it's back to the drawing board. I have a good idea, my agent likes it, and I think I'll take my time on it. No rushing it. I'm going to spend this month researching the topic, and THEN writing the book proposal. It's quirky and interesting, but I need to find the stories that will captivate editors.

SLAVERYLAND is still being written. I'm a bit closer to finishing and I want it done by the end of the month.

THE BESTSELLERS is one step closer. Surprise, but I need to do yet another rewrite. I'm going to have a UCLA prof I trust to take a look at it. One note was that my characters weren't very likable. I don't really like likable characters, but I better learn to create them if I want to sell a script.

More later...

No comments: